Teaching and Learning
Keep Teaching: Strategies and Resources for Moving to Remote Teaching and Learning
Below are several resources to support instructional resilience as we move to remote teaching and learning. This page will be updated as more resources become available.
UIC Support for You & Your Students For Learning Technologies such as Blackboard, Blackboard Collaborate, and Panopto:
- Email Support will remain available Monday through Thursday, 7:30am to 9:00pm and Friday 7:30am to 7:00pm. Email LTS@uic.edu.
Phone support will be available Monday through Friday 7:30am to 7:00pm by calling 312-413-0003 option 1. If you leave a message, a ticket will automatically be created on your behalf and we will follow up with you.
For other technologies such as Webex, VPN, and Passwords:
- The Contact Us form is available at accc.uic.edu/forms/contact-us or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Phone support will be available Monday through Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm by calling 312-413-0003 option 9. If you leave a message, a ticket will automatically be created on your behalf and we will follow up with you.
You can always report outages of ACCC services by calling 312-413-0003 option 2
- Please note that while we have taken measures to minimize delays, you may experience longer than usual wait times due to an expected higher volume of requests. Nearly all ACCC staff are working remotely to support the UIC community at this time. We thank you for your patience.
The ACCC computer labs and the University Libraries are currently closed for the health and safety of students and staff. If any of your students express that they do not have access to a computer and/or internet, please:
- Note to them that they can join and participate in virtual class sessions from their smartphones
- Encourage them to fill out the request form at https://accc.uic.edu/forms/laptop-request
Online Conferencing & Collaboration Tools
Visit answers.uillinois.edu/uic/conferencing for information on online conferencing and collaboration options such as Webex, Zoom, Google Hangouts Meet and Microsoft Teams.
Online Resources to Get Help
- Get Troubleshooting Tips on VPN, Blackboard Learn, software, WiFi, virtual lectures using Collaborate, Zoom or Webex, and more through ACCC’s Guide: go.uic.edu/troubleshooting-tips
- Get answers to the most common technology questions on ACCC’s Knowledge Base: go.uic.edu/answers
- Access our Blackboard Basic Steps for Academic Continuity Tutorial: answers.uillinois.edu/uic/continuity-tutorial
- Search the Blackboard Help Site: help.blackboard.com
- Learn more about Technology Basics for Academic Continuity: accc.uic.edu/support/academic-continuity
- Browse the ACCC-LTS Webinar calendar to sign up for webinars or find past webinar recordings on teaching and learning topics, such as Webex, Panopto, VoiceThread, Blackboard Collaborate, and more: answers.uillinois.edu/uic/webinars
Campus Programs and Resources
Below are several programs and resources available on campus.