Student Evaluation of Teaching Program (SETP)
Online Course Evaluation System
The Office for Faculty Affairs offers all Colleges and Departments the opportunity to participate in an online course evaluation system provided via the Office for Faculty Affairs. The online system (provided by Class Climate, a subsidiary of Scantron) replaces Scantron’s paper-based system that the Office for Faculty Affairs previously used. Our online system is equipped with enhanced accessibility for students and several automations, allowing our staff to process a high volume of course evaluations in a more systematic and time-efficient manner. The online course evaluation system is easy, convenient, secure, anonymous, and confidential.
Following the deadline for faculty grade submission, course evaluation results are distributed to faculty and administrators. The information that students provide in these evaluations is extremely important. Students are strongly encouraged to participate in the course evaluation online system.
Participation in the Student Evaluation of Teaching Program is not automatic, and for departments to join the program, please contact the Office for Faculty Affairs.
For more information regarding the policies and procedures, please watch this brief video:
- Blackboard Instructions for Students and Instructors to Access Course Evaluations
- Fall 2021 Evaluation Timeline and Due Dates
- Summer 2021 Evaluation Timeline and Due Dates
- Handbook for the UIC Student Evaluation of Teaching Program
- SETP Participating Departments and Points of Contact
For more information or with any questions, contact:
- Maria Gueret – firstname.lastname@example.org