Promotion & Tenure
The Mid-Probationary Review serves to provide an assessment to tenure-track faculty members of their progress toward tenure at the mid-point of their probationary period. The review is mandatory as part of the larger promotion and tenure process. It is conducted at a date late enough to permit reasonable review of a faculty members’ progress toward tenure since the initial appointment, and early enough to give useful guidance to him or her in preparing for any subsequent review. Please review the information below for current academic year’s Mid-Probationary Review Cycle.
Mid Probationary Reviews 2018-19
- Mid-Probationary Review Policy
- Memo on Mid-Probationary Reviews for the 2018-19 academic year from the Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs to College Deans.
- The Expected Mid-Probationary Reviews Form (college/unit use only) is due on Monday, October 1, 2018. Submit/upload the form into blackboard in the Mid-Probationary Review course page.
- Mid-Probationary Reviews for all Tenure Track Faculty Members are due on Friday, May 24, 2019.
- An electronic copy of the original review signed by the Faculty Member, Unit Executive Officer, and College Dean should be submitted/uploaded into blackboard in the Mid-Probationary Review course page. Hard copies should NOT be sent to Faculty Affairs.
- Hard copies of the signed originals should stay on file with the college.
- Questions should be directed to Faizan H. Abid, email@example.com | (312) 996-2706 (62706).