UIC aspires to be the nation’s premier urban public research university and one of the indicators for membership in the Association of American Universities is membership in national academies. The Chancellor has established the National Academies Committee to identify faculty that are viable candidates for membership in national academies and help advance them for appointments and elections.
Below is a list of UIC faculty elected to national and other honorific academies and prestigious fellowships and awards. Part of the effort of this committee is to identify current faculty members who have received fellowships and awards. If you have recently received an award or if your name is missing from these lists, you may submit the information to us using the form at the bottom of this page.
To be included in this program:
- Awards must have been received while the recipient was/is a member of the UIC Faculty.
- Awards should have been received between 05/16/18 and 05/15/19 to be recognized at the Fall 2019 reception.
Examples of nominations recognized:
- Fellow, National Society, Foreign Academies
- Important National Committee
- AIA Award
- 1-Year Fellowship (prestigious)
- Hall of Fame (e.g., Reading Hall of Fame)
- Major National Award
- Major Local Award
- NSF Career
- DOE Early Career
- President of National Society
- Outstanding Book Award
- National Award Named for Faculty Member
- Paper of the Year Award
- Distinguished Lecture Award
- Editor of Journal
- NIH Merit Award
- Honorary Degree Doctorate (or equivalent)
Examples of nominations not recognized:
- Distinguished Alumnus
- Foundation Funding
- 1-Year Fellowship (not prestigious)
- Invited or Visiting Professorship
- Editorial Board/Associate Editor
- Vice President, etc., of National Society
- UIC internal awards
If you have a won a national award and would like to be included on this page, please send us the following information: